Presenter: Steve Shu
Seminar Purpose: To introduce PhD students in Behavioral Decision Making to key considerations and processes for pursuing field research projects with corporations.
Seminar Agenda (3 hours):
Part 1: Academic Realm – What do researchers care about and what strategies do they use to proceed with research?
- Qualitative review of academic researcher needs
- Discussion of research platforms
- Open discussion on field versus lab research
Part 2: Company Realm – What strategies can companies use to develop the right level of commitment and fortitude for behavioral science initiatives?
- What it takes to get behavioral science initiatives implemented
- Behavioral GRIT™ concept for planning
- Role of information, choice, and process architecture during planning
- Role of mass and personalized concepts during planning
- Case 1: Lens on the business development process and pitching research ideas to corporate hosts and collaboration partners
- Case 2: Lens on a large enterprise host, aligning goals, working implementation details, and leveraging opportunities
- Case 3: Lens on the digital world and a venture-backed host